Global Home Office
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling stuck

3 posters

Go down

Feeling stuck Empty Feeling stuck

Post by Admin Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:07 am

Do you ever feel really stuck as a freelancer/business owner/remote employee? Are you questioning whether you are on the right path or if you have been wasting time going in the wrong direction? I suggest reading this quote from Obama. It helps to put things in perspective:

From here: http://www.humansofnewyork.com/post/110263143446/when-is-the-time-you-felt-most-broken-i-first

“When is the time you felt most broken?” “I first ran for Congress in 1999, and I got beat. I just got whooped. I had been in the state legislature for a long time, I was in the minority party, I wasn’t getting a lot done, and I was away from my family and putting a lot of strain on Michelle. Then for me to run and lose that bad, I was thinking maybe this isn’t what I was cut out to do. I was forty years old, and I’d invested a lot of time and effort into something that didn’t seem to be working. But the thing that got me through that moment, and any other time that I’ve felt stuck, is to remind myself that it’s about the work. Because if you’re worrying about yourself—if you’re thinking: ‘Am I succeeding? Am I in the right position? Am I being appreciated?’ – then you’re going to end up feeling frustrated and stuck. But if you can keep it about the work, you’ll always have a path. There’s always something to be done.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://globalhomeoffice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Feeling stuck Empty Re: Feeling stuck

Post by samantha_1 Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:59 am

I feel stuck sometimes, and it's not about there not being the work there to do.. but about not being paid enough for the work that I do. I'm not sure how to get the higher paying jobs/better clients. Would love tips on this.

samantha_1
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueOnyx Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:12 pm

I understand the not being paid enough part. A lot of what I do from home I have to offer for beneath my value just to guarantee work. That is one of the biggest downsides to being a freelancer out of your home. I always tell people if they want to work from home, they either need to get famous on Youtube, have a new idea for a site unlike anything else, or own their own online business. Everything else can be hard and a struggle just to make ends meet. That makes me feel stuck.

BlueOnyx
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum