Global Home Office
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you keep fit?

+2
Admin
sandra
6 posters

Go down

How do you keep fit? Empty How do you keep fit?

Post by sandra Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:10 pm

I'm sure that we've all experienced the laziness slowly but surely creeping up on us when we work from home. We don't feel like going to the gym after work anymore and we'd rather take the car than walk 20 minutes to the supermarket.

How do you keep fit?

I am studying to become a weight consultant and thus watch what I eat moderately. I'm not a nitpick or anything but I do know when I shouldn't be eating any more junkfood.
I haven't really incorporated any set schedule for fitness in my regime yet but I do work out here and there whenever I find the opportunity.

sandra
Assistant

Back to top Go down

How do you keep fit? Empty Re: How do you keep fit?

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:20 pm

I have struggled to find the ideal time to work out. I am not a morning person, so doing it in the morning just doesn't work for me. Evenings I don't mind, but they also say to do cardio on an empty stomach (to lose fat) so running right after dinner doesn't cut it. Lately I've been doing it late afternoon.

I love to do Fitness Blender videos from Youtube. I've bought several of their programs. I also like to run or walk.

As far as food, I generally try to mix and match different eating plans I've tried when I feel weight creeping on. The 21 day fix plan is a good place to start.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://globalhomeoffice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnie_W Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:28 am

My day requires me to work out in the morning.  I find I need routine in order to stay active.  Too many distraction/excuses pop up for me during the day that take make during the day or evening next to impossible.  When working from home I find I need discipline for everything I do.
Donnie_W
Donnie_W
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Welcome to the forum, Donnie_W!

Routines are definitely important when working from home.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnie_W Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks. Glad to be onboard. What do people find their biggest distraction to be working from home? Mine I would suggest is the internet which I assume is one of the biggest distractions in a corporate office environment as well.
Donnie_W
Donnie_W
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by danielledavidson Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:06 pm

I try to go to the gym a couple times a week. It works out well for me because I also just got a iWatch, so that makes me want to work out at the gym.

danielledavidson
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Biggest distraction - internet and my to do list. It's easy to let regular life creep into work time when you work out of a home office. There is nobody looking over your shoulder to see what you are doing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean208 Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:50 pm

My biggest distraction is people emailing me. Sometimes I can't get anything done because of it. Or personal calls. Those can eat up your time.
Dean208
Dean208
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnie_W Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Agreed that you need discipline to ensure that you don't wander down a path that causes distractions where you lose your focus.
Donnie_W
Donnie_W
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Sometimes I just start exercising before I am ready. Like, in my regular clothes. If I wait til I am ready, I might never start. Then once I start, I find the motivation to get ready. Circular logic I guess.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean208 Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:48 pm

For a while every day I sit on one of those big balls instead of my chair. In my mind at least I think I'm tightening my core somehow. Lol
Dean208
Dean208
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueOnyx Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:32 pm

I haven't been! LOL I am going to really be working on it though. I know all this sitting isn't good. I plan on sticking to a schedule for a workout session once a day. I did start but I over did myself and hurt my legs. They should be good to go by tomorrow. haha

BlueOnyx
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean208 Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:03 am

I'm approaching a birthday within the next month and I need/want to dedicate time between now and my birthday to see if I can lose a few stubborn pounds. Maybe if I give myself the deadline of my birthday something will happen. LOL
Dean208
Dean208
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum