Global Home Office
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump's presidency

+3
Admin
Dean208
sandra
7 posters

Go down

Trump's presidency Empty Trump's presidency

Post by sandra Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:46 pm

A lot of people have been speculating about what will happen when Donald Trump becomes president of the USA.
What are your thoughts about major changes that will happen after he becomes president?

Will there be a WW3?
Will Europe fall apart without the help of Big Brother?
What about the Global Warming agreement?

sandra
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Trump's presidency Empty Re: Trump's presidency

Post by Dean208 Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:20 am

The third question prompted me to an article I had read about Canada and Justin Trudeau's effort regarding CO2.  With the fight being funded in the form of taxes and higher costs for products the attached article is a good read to offer a different perspective on the situation.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/canada-may-already-be-carbon-neutral-so-why-are-we-keeping-it-a-secret
Dean208
Dean208
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:27 am

From the article... "Canada could already be absorbing 20 to 30 per cent more CO2 than we emit." That is shocking if it is true. Is there somewhere we can read the Global Carbon Project report?

I watched the recent town hall meetings with Justin Trudeau and the grandma with epilepsy who was working 15 hours a day to pay for her $1000 hydro bill. He briefly acknowledged her plight and then launched into why we need to control carbon emissions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://globalhomeoffice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean208 Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:08 am

I was not impressed with the way Justin Trudeau shoved the whole hydro catastrophe on the province.  I'm not sure what the answer is but as the Prime Minister of Canada and with a Liberal Provincial Government in Ontario I would expect some sort of more informed comments.  You can't save the world unless you can save your own country first.  I also believe he should be in Washington tomorrow instead of his tour of Canada to get re-connected with the people.
Dean208
Dean208
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnie_W Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Justin Trudeau does not come across to me as a well educated person. His town halls as of late to me are pathetic.
Donnie_W
Donnie_W
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by samantha_1 Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:04 pm

He's a teacher though, surely he is well educated?

samantha_1
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnie_W Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:37 pm

I watched the swearing in of the 45th President of the United States today. I found it odd that it seems I know more about how the President of the United States gets sworn into office than I do about what happens with the Prime Minister of Canada. is there a ceremony for the Prime Minister?
Donnie_W
Donnie_W
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahj Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:28 pm

I assume that means you are Canadian Wink At least you got a cute PM, look at what the USA got.
sarahj
sarahj
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:02 am

What do you think about all the women's marches going on today?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueOnyx Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:30 pm

People are overreacting. He will get impeached before anything bad happens. Gotta love fear mongering. It is the way of the world and sadly how people get votes in the US. He may not be my cup of tea but I am going to sit back and see what happens before I start throwing stones at the man. People need to be more open. Allow the man to try things and if he fails, scream I TOLD YOU SO!

BlueOnyx
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean208 Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:05 am

What about the talk of Kevin O'Leary running for office. I assume he would be the Canadian equivalent to Trump. Thoughts?
Dean208
Dean208
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnie_W Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:06 am

I was going to tune into 20 minutes of the Trump speech to Congress last night as I thought it would get out of control and be ridiculous. I found myself watching it all and thinking this man has come around to being very much Presidential. Hopefully the American people can join together and focus on getting things done now. You really can't argue his comments about some of the mismanagement that has occurred in the government. We have all heard about the government paying 500% markup on paperclips and staplers. I like the thought of treating tax payers dollars like your own.
Donnie_W
Donnie_W
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 pm

I just clued in to who Kevin O'Leary is about a week ago. I don't really know him that well, but I don't think he has the following that Trump has. Trudeau is okay for now. A lot better to look at too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:19 pm

I did not watch the speech but I've remained neutral about Trump from the start. I think a dedicated Trump can work. They need him channeling his energy in the right directions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum