Global Home Office
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charity and Fundraising

3 posters

Go down

Charity and Fundraising Empty Charity and Fundraising

Post by Admin Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:03 pm

My hope is that this board will be a place where fundraising for charity can take place, much like in a regular office. Beyond that, in a typical office, there are often multiple fundraisers being circulated to support various activities, such as Girl Guides cookies. This is a place to brainstorm what that might look like on a global online scale. Ideas are welcome!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://globalhomeoffice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Charity and Fundraising Empty Re: Charity and Fundraising

Post by Dean208 Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:14 am

I have always liked the model of the group (I think this is the name) 100 Woman Who Care.  The idea is that there is a group of 100 woman who meet once a quarter in their local community.  They pledge to give $100 at each meeting.  At each meeting there are a few presentations on various charities brought forward by someone in the group.  At the end of the presentations the group votes on which charity will receive that quarters donation.  Therefore a charity at the end of the night will receive $10,000.  That's a staggering number.  Perhaps this group could do something similar.  It doesn't have to be $100 but maybe $10 a quarter.  To me the feeling of giving $10 seems to get lost in the grand scheme of things but if collectively the donation from "Global Home Office" was $1000 that would seem like you were part of something.  I know we need to figure out how to administer which charity etc. but hopefully this can get the ideas flowing.
Dean208
Dean208
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:54 am

I think that is a terrific idea. Some forums number in the tens of thousands as far as members but I don't know of any that have collective fundraising efforts. Imagine what could be done!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnie_W Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:22 am

I think that could be an incredible opportunity.  Hopefully there is more discussion on this topic.
Donnie_W
Donnie_W
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Yes absolutely if we can get the forum numbers up I will bring it up for discussion!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum