Global Home Office
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purpose of this board

Go down

Purpose of this board Empty Purpose of this board

Post by Admin Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:08 am

I spent the first ten years of my working life in an office. When I moved permanently to a home office as a freelancer, I found I missed some of the camaraderie of the office setting. While I didn't miss the commute, the interruptions, or watching the clock at the end of the day, I did miss the chance to learn from my coworkers, attend meetings, have lunch with whoever was nearby, take part in fundraising, etc. I might have even missed the office gossip!

GlobalHomeOffice was created to fill this void. I am sure I am not the only one working in a home office who misses these sorts of things. Imagine a virtual portal through which you could reap the benefits of being in an office setting—without ever having to leave the comfort of your home office?

I am sure over time this site will evolve. I have lots of ideas as to how it could progress. However, I'm going to let the users of the site help to shape what it becomes. So welcome home office workers. This is a chance for us to share, learn, laugh, help, and grow. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sincerely,
The Site Administrator

P.S. - I will share more about the work that I do in later posts. I hope that you will share what you do as well. I'd love to know what line of work you are in, where in the world you are located, and what your home office setup is like. Plus—what is the one thing you miss least about being in a regular office, and the one thing you miss most?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://globalhomeoffice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum