Home emergency action plan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Home emergency action plan

Post by Dean208 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:10 pm

When you work in an office environment typically your employer has an emergency action plan in place.  I think we have all been subject to the "fire drill".  When you work from home the likelihood of something going wrong increases, just due to the fact your there more often.  More likely than not you don't have a plan in place.  Attached is an example of a Home Emergency Action Plan.  It is not meant to be all inclusive for everything that could go wrong but at a minimum covers some major things that do occur.  I think it would be a great idea to take this template and fill it out, add to it or delete what is not relevant.  If you have kids it would be a good project to get them to help with and they should know as well that this exists in case they are home alone when an incident occurs.  Make a couple of copies at have at strategic locations in your home. I hope you find useful.
Attachments
Example Family Emergency Plan.pptx You don't have permission to download attachments.(4.5 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
Dean208
Assistant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Home emergency action plan

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:29 pm

This is a great idea, and it would force you to make sure that everything is also in place in your home such as fire extinguishers, alarms, etc. We all think that these things could never happen to us, but it's better to be prepared.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://globalhomeoffice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danielledavidson on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:39 pm

That is a good idea. I had never thought about that before, but it does make sense. I think that is something that I will have to think more about.

danielledavidson
Assistant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannyboy on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:28 am

I like this idea actually! For me, I always just assume I'd run out of my house. I live alone, and my work space is in a room with a giant window in front of me. I guess if I was working while a fire started I'd just throw my chair at the window, breaking it, and I'd cover the sill with a quilt that's in here, grab my computer, and get out. I dont even have a basement so I dont think I'd have to worry about the floor caving in on me either if I take a few extra seconds.
Dannyboy
Assistant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:18 pm

I think I'd always assumed we would all run out of our house too. With the exception of one bedroom, every room has a ground floor or deck exit (door or window). My fear is of one of the kids trying to find me in a situation like that by going into a smokey house. I really do need to make up this plan.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://globalhomeoffice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top